Corona, the most popular Mexican beer, is part of many people’s routines. However, do you know that Corona is not only refreshing, but it has a nutritional value that will provide your body with more than just a feeling of relaxation?
Corona is one of the beverages of Mexico. That’s because it has no preservatives or chemical additives, allowing its consumers to get the great taste and some nutritional benefits.
Everything That Makes Corona Refresca Great
- Corona is made from corn syrup, which means that it has a high amount of complex carbohydrates.
- In addition, you will get a dose of vitamin B3 to help you maintain your energy levels throughout the day.
- Another excellent point about Corona is its low sodium content. This makes it suitable for people with hypertension or on a salt-restricted diet.
- There are around 190 calories in every bottle of Corona Refresca. If you count your calories with diet or fitness keep that in mind. If you’re a person who’s trying to lose weight you might want to skip this beverage and go for Corona Seltzer or Corona Light as they have less calories.
- The regular Corona Extra contains an average of 148 calories and 13.9 grams (g) of carbohydrates. On the other hand, the Corona Light contains 100 calories and 4.8 grams of carbohydrates on average.
- The carbohydrate content of Corona Refresca is around 24 grams, 21 of which are sugars.
What Is the Difference Between Corona Refresca and Corona Seltzer?
Corona Refresca, or fruit-flavored soda, comes in lime, grapefruit, lemon-lime, orange, mango, raspberry lemonade, and strawberry flavors. The beverage has 21 grams of sugar per serving and a high calorie content.
On the other hand, Corona seltzer does not have sugar but only carbonated water, citric acid, and natural flavors. This means it lacks syrup, unlike Corona Refresca, which has soda water and flavored syrup.
Seltzer contains 90 calories and 0 grams of sugar per serving, while Refresca has 190 calories and 21 grams of sugar per serving . Refresca’s flavors come from natural fruit extracts, while the seltzer flavor is more artificial. The main difference between the two are the flavors and the sugars used in them. Corona Refresca has a 4.5% % ABV (Alcohol by volume), although you can find Corona Refresca MÁS which is a stronger 8% ABV drink, and Corona Seltzer also has 4.5% ABV.
You can mix Corona seltzer into cocktails or other drinks, although it’s widely known that Corona is supposed to be drunk “neat.” If malt beer isn’t commonly available in your area, you can also buy Corona Refresca or Seltzer in some stores as a stronger replacement.
Is Corona Refresca a beer?
It’s an alcoholic beverage, and the manufacturer sells it as a mixer. The label reads, “Produced from malt extract, with the addition of carbon dioxide and hops extract added for taste.” The manufacturer suggests that drinkers mix it with either vodka or tequila. They also suggest that you drink three bottles to achieve the desired effect. However, if you’re not a particularly big fan of alcohol, you can limit your consumption to match your taste.
Is Corona Refresca a wine cooler?
Yes, Corona Refresca like other Corona products are a form of what used to be called a wine cooler. Wine coolers were beverages that were made from cheap wine mixed with fruit juice. Original form of wine coolers went extinct in the 90s when taxes on them were increased. Today they come in form of malt beverages with fruity and sugary flavors.
How many calories does a passion fruit lime Corona Refresca have?
Though the Corona Refresca is not as popular in Mexico, it’s still one of their most consumed beers with alcoholic content. The passion fruit flavor combined with lime makes this refreshing drink taste like summertime. A 12-ounce bottle has 184 calories.
There aren’t any health benefits from drinking Corona, but it’s also the perfect drink for when you’re looking for something that is more refreshing than just a simple ice-cold beer. Keep in mind that because it’s super tasty the calorie and alcohol content can take you off guard.